FINAL POST


How does one sum up this experience of a lifetime.  I have been lucky enough to have been to Africa four times, first to South Africa, then to Egypt, to Uganda, Rwanda, Tanzania and Kenya, and finally this trip to Namibia, Botswana, and Zambia.  Each trip was special in its own way but my two private tours gave me the best experiences.   I had many wonderful sightings in East Africa (the herds and sheer numbers are greater) - but the sightings we experienced this trip were outstanding.  Outstanding because we were able to get so close to the animals, outstanding because we saw so many nocturnal mammals that most tourists never get to see, outstanding because of the number of young animals, outstanding because we could take the time to watch the behaviours of both birds and animals, outstanding because there were fewer tourists.  I could go on and on.  


Africa has gotten into my blood.  I never thought I'd be back more than once and yet, here I am, hoping to plan another trip to another part of the continent.  


In the words of Alexander McCall Smith as he ends his delightful books about Precious Ramotswe and her No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency:


Afrika

Afrika, Afrika

  Afrika, Afrika, Afrika

Afrika, Afrika

Afrika

Comments

Popular posts from this blog